Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Search Engines are very clever but after all they are software and not human who will read the content of their interest. If you make your site too complex then Search Engine would not be able to parse the content of your site properly and finally indexing would not be proficient which will result in a low rank.
Guidelines which should be followed while designing a web page.
1- You should have more text content than HTML elements.
2- No frames. They are enemies of Search Engines and Search Engines are Enemies of Frames.
3- No ads if possible. Because most of the ads uses Java Script which is not advised to be used.
5- Nothing that does not fit perfectly into the page topic; There should be no doubt in the search engine's mind (or in he user's mind) what your page is about.
6- No unnecessary directories. Keep your files as close to the root as possible.
7- No fancy stuff (Flash, Splash, Animated Gifs, Rollovers etc.) unless absolutely necessary.
8- Simplify with CSS
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
HTML sitemap is used to list all hyperlinks or the link of all pages of website into a single page. These hyperlinks are normally listed hierarchically and they may provide description for each link. To adding HTML sitemap to your website will help your visitors navigate and find information easily. So HTML sitemap is mainly created for humans. Although a HTML sitemap is created for your visitors, indexing bot such as Googlebot might have a better chance to crawl your first-time-missed links again since all the files are well put together in your sitemap page.
XML sitemap lists URLs (world wide web addresses) for your website in a xml code. See below the example of an url in xml.
IMPORTANT NOTE PLEASE READ FIRST:
follow ( and ) as <> respectively IN BELOW XML CODE because my blogs is not supporting this bracket tag . but u have to change them when u will use.
( means < and ) means > ok plz correct them...
(?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?)
(priority) 0.6 (/priority)
XML site map is mainly for search engine crawler not for visitor. It allows webmasters to inform search engines about URLs in your website for easy indexing. Submitting a XML sitemap to search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN will not only help your website being indexing rapidly and proficiently but also increase your website’s visibilities in search engines as well.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Black Hat SEO Techniques
carbon copy Content is a black hat seo technique. Search engines always looking for unique content. When duplicated content detected by search engines crawler indexed only one web page, other probably finish up in the dreaded supplemental index and search engines will treat as spam. Duplicate content are not rank in SERP’s (Searching result pages).
Similarly doorway pages are also very bad technique. Doorway pages are linked to internal pages of website that call for action from the visitor. To navigate the multiple doorway pages you have to create hallway pages. Search engines looks doorway pages as duplicate pages and not rank doorways pages in SERP’s.
2. Meta Tags
Hidden HTML content or invisible contents of site.
Having three fields….
The Meta description used to explain the content of your page sincerely and concisely and be ( 174 character) 1 or 2 sentences, 3 at most.
3. Meta Keywords
Meta Keywords a short list of words that inform of the main center of the page. Meta keywords have been so altered in the past that there are few if any search engines that take any heed of them.
A doorway page is basically a “fake” page that the user will never see. It is purely for search engine spiders, and attempts to trick them into indexing the site higher. Read more about doorway pages.
The process of exchanging reciprocal links with Web sites in order to increase search engine optimization. The idea behind link farming is to increase the number of sites that link to yours because search engines such as Google rank sites according to, among other things, the quality and quantity of sites that link to yours. In theory, the more sites that link to yours, the higher your ranking in the search engine results will be because the more links indicate a higher level of popularity among users of the Internet. However, search engines such as Google consider link farming as a form of spam and have been implementing procedures to banish sites that participate in link farming, so the term link farming has garnered negative connotations across the Internet.
Black Hat SEO is the use of unfair techniques to promote a site on search engine listing. These techniques may work but the results are likely to be temporary. These sites are often banned if the search engines get wind of these unethical practices.
What are the common Black Hat techniques?
Keyword Stuffing: Overburdening a site with too many keywords at the most unwarranted places is a common black hat technique. Eventually, search engines might ban sites that do this.
Invisible Text: Another method is putting lists of keywords in white text on a white background in order feed different on-page content to search engines and different to users actually browsing the site. It is easy for search engines to detect this.
Doorway or Gateway Pages: Some web developers use the doorway page – a fake page that the user will never see and which would be only visible to search engine spiders. These doorway pages are optimized heavily for search engines and normal users never see it as they are automatically redirected to a different page (you can do that based on user-agent check). It can be easily detected by search engines.
Monday, January 19, 2009
2. Submit the domain or URL that have content in the corect format (http://www.mydomainname.com - some directories accept it without http://)
3. Do NOT submit domains that redirect to another site
4. Do NOT present different content to search engines that you display to your users
5. Avoid the Hype, Rants, Whining, and Speculation
6. Don't make the mistake of selecting the category too fast without checking if there would be a more relevant category.
7. The links should ideally be optimized for the keywords that you want your site ranked for. Search engines utilize keywords or key phrases to identify web pages which are relevant to these terms. So, use the right keywords and keywords phrases.
8. Use relevant words in your title text and avoid exaggerated adjective.
9. You should have researched your keywords well and chosen those that are minimally competed for but adequately searched.
10. your title text for each page should be clearly defined with relevant keywords.
11. Don't use generic terms to optimize your website.
12. Select words or phrases that target a niche segment.
13. Check for broken links and correct HTML and avoid hidden text or hidden links.
14. Building links - which are effectively optimized - is essential to gain more traffic and obtain a high ranking on search engines.
15. To avoid your submission from being rejected, don't make your title and description sound too promotional. Make sure that your TITLE AND ALT tags are descriptive and accurate.
16. Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links. The Search Engines crawler doesn't recognize text contained in images.
17. Don't mention in your description "and others" or "etc." Or even "..."
18. Include the email address of your site domain NOT a free account like yahoo, hotmail or gmail.
19. Is essential to test your robots.txt file. Robots.txt file crawlers which directories can or cannot be crawled.
20. Use relevant keywords in your title text and anchor text can improve your search engine placement
21. Don't repeat any keywords more than once
22. Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substanially duplicate content. Provide unique, relevant and fresh content to your users with a good grammar, correct spelling, and sentence structure.
23. Do NOT submmit sites that instal viruses, trojans, or other badware.
24. Submit your site to relevant premier search engines and in the top directory such as the Open Directory Project, Yahoo, Google!
25. Make the best of directories by carefully submitting your links in the first place. Once your site has been accepted, it may be extremely difficult to change any of the mather submitted.
Social Media Optimization (SMO), is a term refers to the process of ensuring that a website is easy to link to by utilizing the different social media sources together with but not limited to, blogs, bookmarking websites and media sharing websites. There are a lot of similarities and differences between SEO & SMO. Because of this, and the idea that one cannot take over the role for the other, it is important to know when and why to use each optimization technique.
Similiarties Between Seo and Smo
- If people don't have a good reason to link to you then they probably don't have a good "real" reason to visit your website either. Be careful though, linkability and linkbait are not the same thing. Some of the keys to linkability are: content, design and usability.
- This almost does not need an individual category because part of linkability is the good content. But, the point needs to be stressed; you can have good content that does things besides giving people a good reason to link.
- Both SEO and SMO are way to be a focus to people to a website without approaching a message on them, but instead showing them what value your website can bring to them.
Differenences Between Seo and Smo
This is obvious but needs to be mentioned, SEO is about search engines, primarily the big 3, Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft (GYM).
SMO is about the "new" social media sources that have crept up, including blogs, bookmarking websites, media sharing websites etc
SEO you might be looking to sell something.
With SMO you might be looking to build community
with SEO there is not as much participation
With SMO you should actively participate in the same activities that your audience does
Factor: onpage, offpage(directory, article, forums, blogs,social bookmarking,press release, link building,) content optimization, metatags generation, keyword analysis.
directory, article, forums, blogs,social bookmarking,press release, link building etc.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
2. Site structure - new directions and re-modeling the old
3. Review all page titles
4. Overhaul meta descriptions (for click-through not SEO)
5. The copy equation - SEO vs Marketing
6. Create and/or update XML sitemaps
7. Site speed - Load time optimization
8. Alt and title tags - don't miss an opportunity
9. Internal links - where is the juice being sent
10. Internal link text - boost the link juice
11. Control the flow using "Nofollow"
12. Sitemaps page - more than just links
13. H tags and text formatting
14. Check all Redirects are in place and working
15. Review flash - ensure its necessary and SEO friendly
16. Is your Robots.txt correct and up to date?
17. Clean URLs
18. SEO friendly 404 pages
19. Check graphic/image vs text usage
20. Best practice URL structure
21. Keep the code clean and compliant
22. Simplify with CSS
23. Check for broken links regularly
24. Update all content on pages
25. Manage and control outbound linking
26. Check canocalization on URLs
27. Social bookmarking options on all pages
28. Start a blog (or commit to updating your current one regularly)
29. Semantics and SEO
30. Page/file sizes
31. Page theming
33. Managing dynamic content
34. Check webmaster centers regularly
35. Write articles/content for other sites
36. Engage in online conversations
37. Claim your geo rankings with local business profiles
38. Create more SEO friendly videos (uploaded to the top video sites)
39. Add SEO friendly images to popular photo sites (with tags, categories)
40. Ensure links in top SEO directories (DMOZ, Yahoo! etc)
41. Seek authority links (.edu .gov etc)
42. Regular submission to new quality directories
43. Comment on relevant [blog] conversations more often
44. Ongoing natural link building plan
45. Encouraging favourable site behaviour
46. Claim my business/website/personal profiles in social communities
47. Lifestream your content (linking back of course)
48. Leverage vertical specific SEO opportunities to boost relevance
49. Google Searchwikify your website
50. Power up your press releases
Friday, January 16, 2009
2- No more than 50 links on resource page of site
3- Resource page must have min 1 PR4- Resource page must be cached
5- Anchor text must contain the target keyword/key phrase
6- Links must be followed by a short description of the target website.
7- Different keywords must have different descriptions
8- Links must not be from framed pages
10- Links not is through a redirect script
11- Links must not be on Flash sites or pages
12- Links must not include a no follow tag
13- All links will be get by mail (Not links from Chat)
14- Links must not be from forums, Classified, Mirror Sites, Link Farms, black listed websites or banned Google sites. Spam Websites, Blog Comments
15- Links must not be from link farms or, linking clubs or instant site.
16- Links must not be from directories (Note- directories Links will be consider if it has high pr and very relevant category)
17- Links must not be from same IP
18- Links must have unique c-class IP
19- Links must not be from Orphan pages
20- More then one links at resource page of one site or web page will be consider as one links